Thursday 23 August 2012

Shuttlecock warning…..

Well I’ve put off writing this blog for the past two weeks.  Guilt has been weighing heavy on my shoulders.  So many of the other cast members have taken the time to sit down and give you a glimpse of what they have done, felt or seen during our rehearsals for this fantastic play.  I totally appreciate all Neil’s texts, Facebook messages and face to face reminders to complete this blog!! So here I go…

I was so excited when Peta announced she had secured the rights to perform Calendar Girls for the 1st September 2012 – what a coo for BLT!  I couldn’t believe how many people turned up for the auditions.  I thought there is no way I would get a part with so many talented ladies in the room.  It was a two week wait until the list of parts was released – OMG I got Marie, the Chairwoman of Knapley Women’s Institute!  I was so excited and couldn’t wait to read the script to see what was in store for me. 

Firstly, I was a little disappointed, I didn’t get to pose nude, but as rehearsals progressed I have soon came to cherish keeping my clothes on.  I feel that all the girls posing are very brave!  (Especially after our group photo shoot at the theatre – very weird getting you kit off on the stage)
My next thought was how the hell am I going to remember my lines whilst playing badminton (with great enthusiasm, shall we say) with Ruth (Ros Grummitt).  With a little practise, I’m getting the knack of badminton and even caused an injury to Yve (Jessie) whilst she filled in for Ros.  I smacked her straight between the eyes, rather hard, with the shuttlecock.  Yve was the perfect drama queen, and feel straight to the floor!  So watch out if your in the front row, you have been warned!

There are so many enjoyable stories about rehearsals, but I loved doing the Calendar – even got to do a couple of poses not in the calendar!  Thank you Shelley, Claire and Louise for bearing with me during the shoot in order to fulfil my own personal ambitions!!

Right, I think that’s enough of me jabbering on, back to learning my lines and refining the character described as ‘something off Lord of the Rings’!!

Love

No comments:

Post a Comment