Saturday 8 September 2012

Climbing John's Hill - a Tough but Rewarding Adventure

Doing Calendar Girls has been one massive hill for me to climb.  Its been a bit like John's Hill for me.    I watched the film with my Nanna before I lost her to this spiteful disease 5 years ago.

When it was first mentioned about this show,  I knew that I would love to do this in memory of Nanna, but never really gave the nude scene a thought  and put it to the back of my mind more.  When the time came for us to take our clothes off our director, Peta,  made it very tasteful indeed and got her kit off too!

Organising the calendar was something I never thought I could get off the ground;  but with talented models and a professional photographer, Louise Greenhouse, the skies were the limit.  The support  that we have had from local businesses to make this calendar possible was outstanding;  so thank you to each and everyone of you.  The sales  to date have been overwhelming and long may it continue.  Have you bought yours yet?  Why not - they are only  £5....available on the BLT website.....I am ever the salesperson! 
The Ladies of BLT - SBM 2nd from the left

I'm going to be doing my last show tonight and I'll never look back with any regrets, but it's going to be sad to put it to bed.  It was hard bearing all at first, but when the audience clap you feel like a superstar and your on cloud nine.
The TV coverage that we had last week,  has made the general public approach you in the street, and chat about the theatre - which has been lovely.  My  best experience was in a card shop in town and the lady said, " We've had two Celeb's in the shop this week you and Joe Calzaghe!"  We have just been on Real Radio and a fab review in the South Wales Argus newspaper.   It really feels more like Broadway than Blackwood.  

 
Rehearsals have been  both fun and emotional and I was a true blonde most of the time!  Sorry guys if I got on your nerves -  when I would walk on stage and shouldn't have been on at the time!! 

This is one play that will go down in our theatre history as being very special - and what a fab cast, crew and director to do it with!

Shelley Bethan Morgan.....(Celia) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment